Monday 17 March 2014

They Really Are Cute and Furry

In exactly two months time I will be eating lunch, having (hopefully) won my first game of Blood Bowl at the NAF Championship.

Of course, this will only be possible if I actually finished my Dark Elf team. Over the weekend I found myself with a couple of half hours to try and make some progress. As I wasn't getting an uninterupted stretch, I decided to paint up a couple of the re-rolls I'd made for the team a few months ago.

My re-rolls are represented by some baby manticores, made from Heresy Miniatures demon cat familiars with a few added bits.

Two team mascots with a star Dark Elf Blitzer
Given that these cute kittens are usually represented by carboard tokens on a Blood Bowl pitch, I didn't want to spend too much time painting them. Essentially they had a coat of paint, wash and drybrush, with a few of the extra details painted on.



Fairly happy with the results for quick rush jobs! The third re-roll (with the handler) will be done in due course.

As for the rest of the team, I have 6 players, 1 assistant coach, 2 cheerleaders and the manticore handler still to paint. Add to this, I also want to make a display board for the team; all of this in 8 weeks (believe me, at my pace, this is a big job in a short timeframe!). So the task this week is to try and paint up 3 further players.

No comments:

Post a Comment